Monday, April 28, 2008

But It's Necessary.

How necessary, you might ask?

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to thee the keys to the kingdom of heaven And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven." Matthew 16:18

Sounds pretty frippin' necessary to me.

Anyways, this blog is supposed to be about all things Catholic. I should mention from this outset that all the opinions expressed herein are my own but are meant to bear at least a passing resemblance to the teachings of the Catholic Church as expressed through Her Magisterium.

I will also make the point that I am a rather bad Catholic and that I do not mean to offend with my posts here, though I'm sure my emotions will get carried away from time to time. That being said:

If you are not Catholic, but claim Christianity as your faith, I can assure you that, at some point, I will refer to you as a heretic or a schismatic (or both). These are not meant as slurs, but rather as statements of objective fact. If we are to be intellectually honest, I would expect you to say the same about me.

If you are not Christian, the same sentiment applies to you when I use the words infidel or apostate.

I welcome your comments and interest in this endeavor. May God bless and help us all.

"Therefore, of the one and only Church there is one body and one head, not two heads like a monster; that is, Christ and the Vicar of Christ, Peter and the successor of Peter, since the Lord speaking to Peter Himself said: 'Feed my sheep' [Jn 21:17], meaning, my sheep in general, not these, nor those in particular, whence we understand that He entrusted all to him [Peter]."

Pope Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam.


Pretty necessary

2 comments:

Randu said...

Congrats on the first blog!

I look forward to seeing this thing grow!

Unknown said...

woo hoo!

at long last...well done and can't wait to see where you take us.

secondsies.

Any thoughts yet on whether this will take an educational bent? Expositional, current affairs, pot potpourri?

i like forward to the first Battle Pope reference :)