Saturday, June 27, 2009

Paging Dr. Jones . . .

Yeah, I pretty much soiled myself when I caught this headline at WorldNet:

'Ark of the Covenant' about to be unveiled?Ethiopian patriarch tells pope he will show artifact to world.

You know how people comment on certain things with lines like, "Well that doesn't happen every day." I don't even know if there is language for something like this.

The patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia says he will announce to the world Friday the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant, perhaps the world's most prized archaeological and spiritual artifact, which he says has been hidden away in a church in his country for millennia, according to the Italian news agency Adnkronos.

Abuna Pauolos, in Italy for a meeting with Pope Benedict XVI this week, told the news agency, "Soon the world will be able to admire the Ark of the Covenant described in the Bible as the container of the tablets of the law that God delivered to Moses and the center of searches and studies for centuries."

This is just too wild. Assuming this is the real Ark, which I do think is a real possibility, this is one of those things I can tell my grandchildren about. If I have grandchildren, that is. This is probably going to whip the dispensationalists into a fever pitch not seen since the Millerites. We'll be wishing for the days when Y2K was the big topic.

My advice:

Shut your eyes, reader. Don't look at it. No matter what happens.

1 comment:

Boniface said...

Haha...classic scene from Raiders. Love the part where the guy's afce just explodes. Thanks for bringing this back.