Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Truth Is Oppressive

So is wanting others to know the Truth according to these Jewish leaders, per Haaretz:

Major Jewish groups and rabbis from the three largest branches of American Judaism said Thursday that their relationship with Roman Catholic leaders is at risk because of a recent U.S. bishops' statement on salvation. Jewish groups said they interpret the new document to mean that the bishops view interfaith dialogue as a chance to invite Jews to become Catholic. The Jewish leaders said they "pose no objection" to Christians sharing their faith, but said dialogue with Jews becomes "untenable" if the goal is to persuade Jews to accept Christ as their savior.

So the Truth should take a back seat to stuff that we can all just agree on? What's the point of dialogue then? I guess it means that we all get together and congratulate ourselves on our mutual enlightenment and correctness.

The biggest deal here is that these Jewish groups are seeking to make Catholics deny core aspects of the Faith just to keep their feelings from being hurt. We are an evangelical faith. We are commanded to propogate ourselves by Christ Himself. Who are these folks to tell us otherwise?

Another question- Why aren't Jews trying to convert me? Even if they know with Divinely Inspired certainty that I'm going to heaven as a Catholic (which they don't), I would like to think that I am worthy of being brought out of my ignorance and blindness to the true nature of God. Am I not worth the trouble? Or is Truth something that they have some kind of monopoly on?

I'm offended. Jews aren't proselytizing me! Do they think they are better than me or something?

OUTRAGE!!

No comments: