Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another Reason Contraception Sucks

It is wrecking my ability to form functional relationships with my kids' friends' parents. When I was growing up, my parents and my friends' parents were all basically the same age. As a result, they tended to be good to great friends with these people.

I am now in my early 30s. I have noticed that, almost without exception, the kids who are friends with my own children all have parents who are in their mid-40s and sometimes early 50s. As a result, I find it very difficult to relate to a lot of these folks and vice versa. This has been the case in all three locales where we've lived since my wife and I were first married.

Don't get me wrong. These are all very nice and pleasant people. There's just a generation gap that's hard to bridge and it makes things weird on at least a semi-regular basis.

Where are all the young(er) parents?

No comments: